Ghee is a much-loved ingredient in most of our food items. The ghee from Vedagiri Herbals is pure and made from the grass-fed indigenous cows in our farm. Being prepared with traditional hand churning method, we do not add any chemicals. Apart from culinary uses, it is also part of the Ayurvedic, traditional and spiritual practices. Pure cow’s ghee is medicinal and can be used to treat sinusitis and infections. It doesn’t increase the bad cholesterol levels in your body as the other products in the market.
The golden-coloured flavourful butterfat is made from cow’s milk. Ghee is special because of its potential to improve the taste of the food item to which it is added. It is added to a wide range of foods having variety of tastes. It blends and tastes well if added with spicy, sour or sweet foods. People use it as a primary cooking fat instead of coconut oil or olive oil.
Pure cow’s ghee has a lot of health benefits. It contains the fat soluble vitamins A, D and E. It contains an essential short-chain fatty acid called Butyrate. Following are the other benefits:
- Ghee contains CLA: Ghee made from the grass-fed cows contains the fatty acid called Conjugated Linolenic Acid (CLA). CLA prevents breast cancer, reduce fat and improve body composition in humans.
- Ghee has higher smoke point: Ghee is a suitable medium for cooking as it doesn’t generate toxic fumes at higher temperatures.
- Ghee has a wonderful flavour: Cooking food with ghee gives an incredible flavour to it.
- Ghee contains vitamin K: Ghee contains vitamin K2 that transports calcium into the bones.
- Ghee is a good source of healthy fats: When compared to butter, ghee is low in fat. This makes ghee easily digestible.
- Strengthens immune system: Ghee contains antioxidants that help body to absorb vitamins and minerals from the food that you consume. This strengthens your immune system.
- Spread it on baked foods instead of butter
- Use it instead of coconut oil or olive oil in cooking
- Use it to roast vegetables
- Use ghee for baking