Tapioca powder is produced from the edible and starchy cassava root. It is white-coloured flour with slightly sweet taste. Tapioca powder can be used to bind gluten free dishes and helps in improving the texture of baked food items. It is extremely thick and is ideal for thickening sauces, pies and soups. They will make the baked food items chewier. It will thicken at low temperatures and won’t lose stability when frozen. It can be used as a substitute for cornstarch.
Tapioca powder creates a clear, glossy gel when used as a thickener. It is a fine powder that will dissolve in the dish with a uniform consistency. It can be combined with gluten-free flours for best results. Vedagiri Herbals provide finest and purest form of tapioca powder which is processed in traditional way. We do not add any preservatives to ensure that the benefits of the product reach you untouched. You can add it to any of your food items to improve its texture and taste.
- Gluten-free:Tapioca powder is gluten-free which makes it a suitable choice for people who have gluten intolerances.
- Low protein:It doesn’t contain protein. People who are trying to limit protein intake can consume dishes prepared with tapioca powder.
- Wide cooking uses:Tapioca powder has wide range of uses in cooking. It is used for baking, making flat breads and preparing snacks like chips and wafers. It is a perfect thickener and can also be substituted for wheat flour.
- Neutral taste:Tapioca powder has a neutral taste. This indicates that adding tapioca powder won’t affect the flavour of a recipe.
- Use instead of cornstarch: Take 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour or each 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Thickener for soups and gravies: Add tapioca powder in the dish once it has almost finished cooking. The amount of powder to be added depends on the required consistency
- Store in a dry, air-tight container