Arrowroot powder is unique because of its medicinal qualities. It is a natural medicine for diarrhoea. Drinking a solution of arrowroot powder can give fast relief from diarrhoea without any side effects
Arrowroot powder is a white, flavourless powder produced from the rhizomes of tropical plant arrowroot. It is commonly used to thicken food items like gravy, puddings and soups. It is twice powerful than wheat flour as a thickening agent and it is gluten free. Though arrowroot powder is similar to cornstarch, it is finer and more absorbent.
Arrowroot powder is unique because of its medicinal qualities. It is a natural medicine for diarrhoea. Drinking a solution of arrowroot powder can give fast relief from diarrhoea without any side effects. It is also added in the cosmetic products like powders and lotions for wet rashes. We, at Vedagiri Herbals, make the powder with natural processing methods in order to retain the qualities as such.
- Arrowroot powder will create a clear gel which do not break down if added with acidic ingredients like fruit juice
- It is an effective remedy for digestion discomforts and improves bowel movement
- It stands up to freezing
- Replace cornstarch with arrowroot powder in recipes at a ratio of two teaspoons of arrowroot powder for every one tablespoon of cornstarch
- Replace flour thickeners with arrowroot powder at a ratio of one teaspoon of arrowroot powder for every one teaspoon of flour
- Use it to thicken fruit gels and fruit sauces
Arrowroot porridge for babies
- Add one tablespoon of arrowroot powder to 50 ml water and stir well.
- Boil water in a pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add milk if required.
- Add sugar.
- Adding shredded coconut will improve taste
A medicine for diarrhoea
- Add two tablespoon of arrowroot powder into water and boil it.
- Drink this every 2-3 hours.
- Do not overheat arrowroot powder