Your skin always needs some kind of protection and extra care to remain fresh. The rays of sun, dust and pimples can make it appear dull and unattractive. Lot of beauty products are available in the market which offers instant skin nourishment. However, it is always better to choose natural remedies as they seldom harm your skin. There are numerous herbs in nature which can be used to enhance your beauty and Kasturi Manjal is one of them.
Being from the family called Zingiberaceae or ginger, Kasturi Manjal is an incredible herb that gives a radiant and young skin. Its botanical name is Curcuma zedoaria and the part of the plant used is rhizome. We, at Vedagiri Herbals, cultivate the herb in our own farm and utilize the traditional processing methods to ensure product quality. The rhizome of yellow Kasturi Manjal is dull yellowish and the inner part is yellowish orange in colour. Kasthuri Manjal has two classes of constituents: curcuminoids and volatile oils. Curcumin is the main constituent in kasturi manjal which gives it the bright yellow colour.
Kasturi Manjal has several benefits if applied on your skin. Kasturi Manjal has been used as a natural formula for obtaining a fair and clear skin. It is also suitable for enhancing the complexion of babies. It is one of the most important ingredients in all the herbal beauty treatment. Regular use of Kasturi Manjal as a pre-bath masque will definitely make your skin soft and clear.
Curcuma zedoaria contains antioxidants which will reduce the signs of ageing. Its therapeutic properties are also utilized in the cosmetic products and home-based beauty treatments. Its application will let you get rid of the unwanted hair growth on your face. It provides a solution for those who have scars, acne and dark spots on their skin. Daily application of Kasturi Manjal will enhance your skin complexion.
- Mix Kasturi Manjal powder with water and apply it on your face. Wash it off after 15 minutes to remove unwanted marks and hair growth.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Kasturi Manjal powder, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of milk or plain yogurt and apply it on your face. Wash it off after 30 minutes. It is an all purpose mask for skin.
- Mix ½ tablespoon Kasturi Manjal powder, 1 tablespoon of rose water and 1 tablespoon of fresh cream. Apply it on your body as a moisturizing cream.
- For babies, use with milk cream in the required quantity and apply on their whole body before bathing them.
- Sensitive skin – Use with curd and chickpea flour or honey. Leave it on the skin for 20 minutes and wash with water.
- Dry skin – Use with thick milk cream/milk.
- Oily skin – Use with rosewater.
- Its application will leave yellow stains on your skin after washing it off.
- It may have a slight burning sensation after application on the skin.