If you are looking for a natural alternative for chemical hair dyes, then indigo powder is a great choice. Indigo powder is got by powdering the leaves of indigo plant whose botanical name is IndigoferaTinctoria. Indigo by itself generally may not dye hair very well and should be used following a henna treatment or mixed with the henna to achieve various shades of brown/auburn to black.The Indigo powder provided by Vedagiri Herbalsis prepared out of natural and organic Indigo.
- Indigo mixed with Henna gives your Hair rich brown colour
- Indigo applied over Henna treated Hair gives it a lush black colour
- Completely natural and doesn’t have any chemicals
- Gives your hair Shine and Texture
- Indigo powder helps to avoid premature hair greying and helps hair growth.
- It is a remedy for dandruff.
Place amount of desired dry indigo powder into a bowl. Add enough warm water to the powder to make paste. Stir well, then immediately apply to the hair. You may need to add more water as you are working with the paste, as it will thicken as it sits.
Leave the paste on the hair for the following amount of time to achieve the desired colors:
Black – leave on for 45 minutes to 1 hour
Brown – leave on for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on how deep you want the brown to be.
Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do not shampoo for 24 to 48 hours, as the indigo will need time to oxidize.
- Store in a cool and dry place