Frankincense essential oil also called as Olibanum is commonly used in aromatherapy for the various health benefits it offers. The oil is admired for its ability to moisturize and rejuvenate skin if applied topically. It is extracted from the resin from Frankincense or Olibanum trees. It promotes cellular health and immunity along with reducing pain and inflammation. Frankincense is part of several religious practices, particularly in the Christian tradition.
The oil helps to relieve chronic stress and anxiety, boosts immunity and helps fight cancer. It can be used by either inhaling the oil or absorbing it through skin after mixing it with a carrier oil. It is suitable for your skin as it naturally removes all the scars, acne blemishes and wrinkles.
Frankincense essential oil provides a wide range of benefits.
- Relieves stress: Frankincense essential oil has the ability to reduce stress and anxiety. It reduces heart rate and high blood pressure if inhaled.
- Reduces wrinkles: The oil is beneficial for the skin as it reduces acne blemishes and prevents wrinkles.
- Offers hygiene: The antiseptic properties of the oil make it an excellent product to eliminate bacteria from your indoor spaces.
- Treats cold and flu: Frankincense essential oil ensures relief from coughing. It helps to eliminate phlegm in the lungs.
- Relieve inflammation and pain: People who have pain in joints and muscles as in conditions like arthritis can apply the oil directly on the painful area or diffuse it in your home for relief.
- Mix six drops of frankincense essential oil with one ounce of unscented oil and apply it directly on your skin to prevent wrinkles
- Inhale the oil to experience its healing benefits
- Add a few drops of frankincense essential oil to your moisturizer and apply on your hands to rejuvenate your skin
- Apply frankincense oil on your fingernails to keep them healthy
- For stress: Add a few drops of frankincense oil to a hot bath
- For scars/stretch mark: Mix two to three drops of oil with an unscented base oil or lotion and apply on your skin.
- Use it in an oil diffuser to clean and disinfect indoor spaces.
- Avoid ingesting frankincense essential oil in large quantities as it can be toxic